Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We Belong in the Zoo!!!

Friday was Rebekah's birthday. Since we had already had her party, we decided to do something really special for all of the kids to celebrate. Soooo.... we went to the zoo. As a child some of my fondest memories are visiting the zoo with my Dad. I knew the kids would love it, however I was surprised at how much I loved it!!

There is a new exhibit at the zoo - the parakeet house. It is really spectacular. Hundreds of beautiful parakeets flying all around you. You can purchase food sticks, which we didn't do, however McKinney quickly hooked up with another child & enjoyed watching him feed the birds. I personally was a little freaked out. If you have ever seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds, you will know why I really don't like birds at all.



The cutest lion cubs I have ever seen!!


Here are the kids and me with the full size statue of Willie B. If you grew up in Atlanta, like I did, you will probably remember Willie B. in his small "room" before they integrated him into the rain forest habitat. I loved that monkey!

Notice the sign - picture was taken before we noticed it!!

These animals have always mesmerized me & they still do.





The baby panda is adorable. When we were there he was sleeping at the top of a tree. It was really cute. Unfortunately, I must have had a brain freeze at that moment because I didn't get a picture.


No comments: