Tuesday, July 21, 2009

American Girl Joins the Crozier's

I have no idea where to begin with this wonderful adventure. Robbie's Mom wanted to take Rebekah to the American Girl store & surprise her with a doll. Last week she talked to Rebekah about the dolls & they looked through the catalog. Rebekah told her Gran that she was going to ask Santa for the Kit doll. Gran scheduled lunch for today and called ahead & had the doll waiting. Rebekah thought we were just going to look at the dolls and have lunch.
While she was looking around the store, Gran was picking up the Kit doll. Gran walked up with the "big bag" & let's just say I am glad I was holding the camera because I wouldn't want you to see me crying over this precious gift.

This is Rebekah realizing that the Kit doll is in the bag & it is her's!!!

They worked to get her out of the box so she could join us for lunch.

Rebekah and her American Girl!!

Rebekah, Gran, and Kit.

Rebekah, Kit, & myself.

They had little high chair seats for the dolls and even miniature menu's. Rebekah was reading the menu to Kit.

Notice Kit's plate.

Rebekah helped her "eat" her pretzels.

This is the hair salon. They have little salon chairs, capes, and every accessory you can imagine.

What a great day. I never imagined how wonderful this little trip would be. I am glad we waited until Rebekah was a little older, because she truly understands how special this gift is & she will appreciate it much more now than she would have even a year ago. Again, Rebekah is so very blessed to have such wonderful grandparents. This day will be imprinted in her memory for a lifetime, and for that I will be forever grateful.


3 comments:

Kaylyn Fernandez said...

Melanie, this is so neat. I know this will always be a special day for Rebekah. She even looks like Kit. :) Regan loves AG and really wanted the doll, Samantha, but they retired her. :( She does not have a doll yet but I am thinking it would be a good b-day gift this year. Where is the AG doll store that y'all went to?

The McBrayer family said...

Love it!! I agree- it's such a special trip. My mom took Amelia on her last birthday- she picked out her doll and then we had lunch in the cafe! My heart was so full too! What a great memory for these little girls! Rebekah and Kit are truly twins! ha!! Too cute!

The Turners said...

Precious Moments....awesome memories. I really hope I have a granddaughter one day!!! So much fun:)