Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Choose Life

On January 22, 1973 the infamous Roe v. Wade decision was handed down from the Supreme Court making abortion legal throughout all nine months of pregnancy for any reason or no reason at all. The pro-life issue has always been a passion for me & one that I hope to pass on to my children. One way I hope to do this is by taking them with me every year to Together For Life at the Georgia Capitol. This is a memorial service for the more than 50 million unborn babies that have lost their lives to abortion. We also participate in a silent walk around Atlanta. We usually have around 5,000 + in attendance. My parents used to check me out of school in order to take me to TFL & I now do the same with my children. Here are a few pictures from this year's service.





Throughout the walk there are trumpeters along the route playing tapps. This lady is there every year. It always moves me to see her because she always has her children with her. Last year it was raining & the baby on her back was an infant. She was wearing him in an infant carrier while her husband held an umbrella over them. What love & dedication to this thankless cause!! I applaud her & pray blessings over her & her family.

Please visit http://www.supportpersonhood.com/ to give one of these 50 million an identity that they all deserve.


"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." Deuteronomy 30:19

No comments: