Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Time is Here!

I know I haven't blogged much lately, but we have been very busy. I won't try to catch up on everything we have been doing, but I wanted to hit a few highlights. This post will be a compilation of several things that are "blog worthy".
Tree Picking -
The main reason I can't pull the plug on a real live Christmas tree is how much fun the kids have running through the Christmas tree farm & picking out the perfect tree each year. I really think they would be upset if this wasn't part of our annual Christmas traditions. Here are some cute pictures from this years hunt.





Tree Decorating -

The kids had a blast decorating our tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was an especially great day b/c for the 1st time in Rebekah's life, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets pulled off a BIG win against the "Boodawgs" (as the kids call them).


Breakfast with Santa -

We were invited to a breakfast with Santa event at a friend's house. We weren't sure what to expect, but went with hopes of a good time. We certainly weren't disappointed. I was in tears as the children rang their bells & sang very loudly so Santa would hear them & come in the house. It was such a magical experience. I almost thought I was a kid again & had to stop myself from yelling out, "Hey Santa, it's me, Melanie McKinney. You remember me don't you?" Anyway, we had such a great time - we are considering doing it here next year.

1 comment:

The McBrayer family said...

Love the updates!! SO fun! Do a breakfast with Santa!! How much fun would that be?! I laughed out loud when you said you almost yelled to Santa- hilarious!!